Bali Curry Masala is a medium spiced curry powder, light & fragrant with roasted rice, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaf.
It is ideal for using in Indonesian or Southeastern Asian dishes and you can even use it to create a Thai Green curry by frying with a paste of shallots, garlic, ginger, fresh coriander, and Thai Basil.
Because this is a noticeably light curry powder, Bali Curry Masala is perfect for using with prawns, fish, seafood, pork, chicken, or vegetables.
It is so simple to use. For the very simplest curry, all you need to do is fry a little shallot, add garlic & ginger, fry the masala add coconut milk, bring to the simmer before adding your main ingredient and cooking ’till done.
If you want a nice Indonesian inspired dish, then follow the recipe below.
Comes in a resealable pouch
Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans.
Allergy advice: processed in an environment where nuts/peanuts, gluten, mustard, sesame, celery, soya, lupin, and sulphites are present.
Indonesian Style Curry
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 Shallot or small onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4-5 tsp Bali Curry Masala
- 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 750 g chicken thigh or breast cut into 1'' pieces
- 1/2 a red pepper and green pepper sliced
- 3 - 6 hot green or red chillies sliced
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- Put the cashew nuts in a heatproof bowl and just cover with boiled water. Leave for 20 minutes and then blitz in a blender or wet grinder.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan or Karahi. When hot add the shallot or onion and fry gently until just turning golden.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 20 - 30 seconds.
- Add the curry masala and cook on a low heat, stirring for 30 - 40 seconds.
- Add the cashew nut paste and stir in.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken, bring back to a simmer and cook for around 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh chillies, peppers, salt, sugar, and coriander. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with some steamed rice